Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Why Internships are Important

Student Spotlight

Kelly Reitmeier interning at the Thief River Care Center

Kelly Reitmeier is a current Licensed Nursing Home Administrator student and this is why she thinks the required internship is important.

"Interning at the Thief River Care Center has truly put into perspective the role of a long-term care administrator. It has taken everything I've learned in my classes and given me the chance to put it into real life use. If an internship wasn't required I don't think I would have taken the initiative to get an internship through UMC, which I would have truly missed out on a great experience. Interning was a great way for me to understand the field of work I'm going into and being able to apply what my classes have taught me to my job. Going into my first job I will feel experienced and have a better understanding of my field."


Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/umconline
Follow us on Twitter: @umconline

Background:
The University of Minnesota Crookston offers 14 online degrees. UMC's online programs allow for you to study at your convenience. Receive your personal and prestigious University of Minnesota degree online. To learn more, visit http://www1.crk.umn.edu/academics/online/

No comments:

Post a Comment